A Dozen of Goals for 2014

New Year is the time when we have hopes for the days to come. There are 365 of new days that we still have not experienced. While we can not predict what will happen in the future, we can still plan on how we would like to fill these days.
A lot of people start a new year's resolution. While I'm not that big on a resolution, I like having goals.
As a member of the Roost Tribe, I have received a 2014 goals printable. I like the idea of writing down your goals, it can really help motivate you to achieve it!
So I printed it out, and wrote down my goals. Sometimes when people don't achieve the goals they quit on it. I hope that's not what I will do. If I am a little short of these goals, I hope to be able to get back on track and do it again. I will keep on trying and I will do my best.

Here are the goals that I have:

2014Goals

1. Learn Illustrator
Although I can do a thing or two in Adobe Illustrator, I would really like to really know and master it. I have been borrowing a book from the library just for that. It is called "Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book". There are 15 chapters in the book and I am now on the chapter 5.

2. Hydrate myself
I know drinking enough water is something that is very important to do. Water is crucial for our body. I also happen to know that I don't drink enough water. I found myself drinking drink 3 glasses of water in a day (one with breakfast, one with lunch, one with dinner). Sometimes even less than that. So, I want to help myself by drinking enough water!

3. Study the scriptures everyday
This is something that I have been working on. I know I need to do it everyday. I read everyday, but not scriptures. I want to read the scriptures everyday, even if it's only 10 minutes a day. I am going to try and remember to read the scriptures in the morning, before I read my books. Reading scriptures is a great way to learn and receive answers.

4. Exercise everyday
I know by exercising everyday I can help my body to be healthier. I don't have a gym membership so I like to workout at home. I like watching workout videos, I feel like I have a personal trainer who can guide me and motivate me. I am so glad to have found Jessica Smith TV. She has more than a hundred workout videos on YouTube, and the number always goes up as she uploads a new video every week. One thing that I actually like is that she puts a weekly schedule. Without the schedule, maybe I would spend 30 minutes just to pick a workout. I actually have been working out everyday for more than 2 weeks now, I don't think I have ever done that in my life.

5. Be more aware of what I eat
To have a healthy body, not only exercise is important, but also nutrition. So, I want to be more aware of what I eat. I want to keep a food journal. I think being aware of what I eat will help me to eat healthier.

6. Grow my blog
I know, I know. This is something that I have always wanted to do. Grow my blog, post consistently. I need to think more of what I want to put here. Maybe even write ahead of time. In the future, maybe not this year, I would like to have a self-hosted blog.

7. Learn how to quilt
I have been following quite a lot of quilting blogs now. I sew, so why not quilt? Quilts are so beautiful. It looks hard though. I will start slow, maybe do some easy blocks first, and then make something out of it.

8. Sew at least one garment
I love sewing, but I don't make garments that often. I think part of the reason is because it can be expensive, with the fabrics and the notions. Last year I made a scallop skirt using the pattern from the Collete book. I also have a pattern for a high-low dress, along with the fabric and notions. I bought this a long time ago. I have everything so I need to make it!

9. Be a better listener
Okay, this one has a little bit of confession in it. I don't see myself as a bad listener, however, I know that I can do better. Sometimes I would be listening to someone (or look like I am) but really, my mind would wander. I hear the words, but I didn't listen. I'd really like to practice and be present when someone is talking to me.

10. Knit something
This last christmas, my brother-in-law taught me how to knit. His family also gave me other knitting necessities like needles and yarns. So far, I have only made dish cloths. I want to knit something I can wear. Like a scarf or a hat. I will have to safe some money to buy the circular needles and my desired yarn.

11. Go to the temple
This is a goal that I have had since last year, but I know I won't be able to go until this year. Going to the temple will really be a highlight of my year.

12. Make Indonesian food once a month
Being from Indonesia, I know I LOVE Indonesian food. I just don't cook it that often, just because some of the ingredients are a little hard to find. Things that can't be found in regular grocery stores, I will have to go to Asian grocery store. It's just easier to cook other kind of food, so I don't cook Indonesian that often. The great thing about it is that my husband likes Indonesian food also!

There, I've laid it out. My dozen of goals for 2014. I hope I can do it! Do you have any goals this year? Feel free to share it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!

Powered by Blogger.