Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups for Breakfast!

So I came across this on pinterest. It's bacon, egg and toast in a cup! I like bacon, I like egg, and I like toast, so having it in a cup is just super cute!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="225"] Source: marthastewart.com[/caption]

I tried making it for Mr. Bee, he loved it!

Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups (recipe adapted from Martha Stewart)

  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

  • 6 slices white or whole-wheat sandwich bread

  • 6 slices bacon

  • 6 large eggs

  • Coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread butter lightly on muffin cups. You just want to spread enough so that the bread won't stick.

Flatten the bread, I used my fingers but you can use a rolling pin if you want. You want to flatten it so that everything will fit in the muffin cup! After you flatten the bread, cut the bread crust, and slice it into half to have smaller, square-ish bread pieces. In Martha Stewart, they used a cookie cutter to cut the bread into a circular shape, and then they cut it in halves. In the end, it looks prettier, so you can do that if you'd like. I was too lazy so I didn't do that.2013-05-26 10.02.24

Fit the bread into the muffin cup. Each cup uses 2 halves. It will overlap a little in the middle. Make sure to have no gap on the bottom to prevent the egg from 'leaking' out of the bread cups.
2013-05-26 10.03.47

Spread the rest of the butter on the bread. This will make the bread crispy when baked in the oven.

Lay bacon in across the cup. The bacon needs to be cooked for a little bit, but don't worry about getting it to be really crispy. It will cook more in the oven.
2013-05-26 10.16.39
2013-05-26 10.18.10

Crack an egg in each cup. Sprinkle pepper and salt!
2013-05-26 10.20.42

Bake for 20-25 minutes. I baked it for 25 minutes because I like my yolk not too soft.
2013-05-26 10.49.21

Yay done! Mr. Bee and I ate 3 each (I know, way too much for a person haha).

Anywho, if you would like to try it, I recommend going to the recipe at Martha Stewart as they have a video there! The video explained it really well, so it should help :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!

Powered by Blogger.